1. Work on your guest list - Finding your perfect guest list number will help the rest of your planning fall into place. You need a rough estimate to make sure your venue can accommodate your crowd! Sit down with your family and your new fiance and try your best to come up with a number that works for everyone!
2. Set a Budget - Although budgets are the least fun part of planning, it is definitely a necessary evil. Your budget will be very important in choosing every vendor to carry out your vision! Make sure everyone who will be contributing financially to your wedding is in attendance at this budget meeting.
3. Shop for dresses – Dress shopping is one the most fun parts of the wedding planning process! Don’t waste any time when it comes to booking your appointment (we know the fabulous ladies of Bustle would be happy to help!) because your dress will set the tone for your entire wedding! Be sure to surround yourself with your close family and your best friend as you spend the afternoon trying on gorgeous gowns until you find THE one.
4. Hire a wedding planner- This may seem bias but it is so true! A planner is a wedding industry professional so while you haven't ever planned a huge celebration like this, your wedding planner has! You need someone on your side to guide you and most importantly, be there for you on your big day! A wedding planner is a must-have for your engagement season.
5. Enjoy! - This is such an exciting time in your life! While the task of planning your wedding may seem daunting, find time to sit back and enjoy this season with your new fiance! It will fly by and your big day will be here before you know it!